botanical soap making workshop
Date : Saturday | 05 August 2023
Time : 1 - 4 pm
Place : Studio Star's Home Studio in Amberley
Make your own beautiful botanical soap to keep or give as a gift to friends or family. You will get to take home around 600g of soap which you will cut into 6 -7 soaps a few days after.
JungHwa Kim will show you how to make moisturizing and cleansing soap from scratch using the cold process technique.
The soap is made from :
• olive oil
• coconut oil
• essential oils
• herbs, spices, and clays
Who can attend?
• No experience in soap making is needed to take the workshop.
• Participants must be aged 18 or over
• The workshop is not recommended if you are sensitive to strong scents, are pregnant or have breathing difficulties, or have other related health issues.
What to bring:
• An old towel to wrap your soap in (to keep it warm)
What to wear:
We are dealing with caustic soda which is harsh on clothing and your skin.
So please wear:
• long sleeves (an old shirt)
• trousers / long skirt
• sneakers or other closed shoes
• an apron and mask will be provided as extra protection.
* PLEASE NOTE
• Booking is essential. Payment must be made in full at the time of booking to secure your spot
• If minimum numbers are not attained, the workshop will be postponed to the next available date or will be canceled and your payment will be fully refunded.
• If you are unable to attend for any reason, please contact us as soon as you can.
Fees include supervised tuition, all materials, safety equipment, and afternoon tea : )